Expanded versions of our female hormone panels add Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and Luteinizing Hormone (LH) to deliver greater depth and insight to your test results.
Why choose our Female Hormone Panels?
- Accuracy: research has demonstrated that the free hormone fraction predominates in saliva. In the blood, hormones can be found free or bound to proteins. The free hormone fraction is very important, because it is the bioactive fraction that most significantly influences living cells. One or two blood tests or a 24-hour analysis of urine for these hormones gives only a glimpse of the ovaries’ hormonal productivity.
- Chronobiology: view ovarian capacity in a single snapshot reading, a paired comparative reading, or over a complete menstrual cycle.
- Flexibility: salivary testing enables measurements throughout your entire cycle to provide a more comprehensive look at hormone levels without the complication of blood draws
- Simplicity: collection is noninvasive and painless
- Convenience: saliva samples can be conveniently collected from your home, office or other location. Requires no blood draws, therefore no repeat clinic visits, and avoids the inconvenience of the 24-hour urine collection.
The Female Hormone Panel can be helpful for patients with:
- Irregular or painful periods
- Infertility or miscarriage
- Premenstrual syndrome (mood changes, breast tenderness, water retention, uterine cramping)
- Low libido
- Facial hair growth
Common applications of Female Hormone Panels:
Hormonal Imbalance and PMS – Many women suffer from hormonal imbalance in the estrogen to progesterone ratio. Our panels can define the hormonal state with exquisite accuracy which, in turn, provides specific insights for appropriate intervention to relieve hormonal imbalance and PMS-related symptoms.
Customized Hormone Therapy – Female hormone therapy is not typically individualized to the needs of each woman because most current diagnostic tests do not provide sufficient data. Consequently, most women are treated without regard to their individualized physiology or specific needs. DiagnosTechs Female hormone panels will allow your doctor to customize a hormone therapy plan that is designed specifically for you.
Detection of Luteal Phase Defect – There are at least three luteal phase defect patterns which are characterized by a progesterone/estrogen imbalance. This imbalance is usually associated with PMS, infertility, ﬁbroids, and other hormone-related problems.